2010年8月21日星期六

I bent my toenail back...what now?

In the common room of my dorm, we'd just finished watching a movie and were trying to move the sofas back into place. I tried to get out of the way when someone pushed the chair in front of me, but didn't quite make it. My toenail (the big toe) was bend backward, but didn't completely detach itself (or seem to at all). It bled but stopped within a few minutes. I cleaned it off, and bandaged it with gauze after putting on an antibiotic gel. Do you think I need to do anything more?I bent my toenail back...what now?
I'd apply Tea Tree Oil to your toe 3-4x/day. It is an all natural anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-viral %26amp; anti-fungal (which is very important when dealing with feet). In addition to this, I'd keep the toenail bandaged tightly with gauze %26amp; then white medical tape over that. I wouldn't use band-aids because having any kind of adhesive on your toenail could pull it off further. Apply the Tea Tree Oil the 3-4x/day I'm recommending and change the gauze/tape each time you do. I promise you it will heal 5x faster than without it. A pack of regular medical gauze %26amp; white medical tape are very inexpensive (about $5 total for both, if that). The Tea Tree Oil will be about $5-6 for a 4 oz. bottle, but worth every cent. A little goes a long way and it can help you save your toenail. I am so sorry this happened to you. That is so painful and one of the worst feelings. But thankfully with the tea tree oil and tightly (but gently!) bandaging it up with the gauze/tape it'll heal up much more quickly. Don't get the tape on your toenail though, wrap it with the gauze first completely around, then tape over the gauze. Hope this helps!





Note: I would definitely not recommend soaking your toe in epsom salts. The salt can certainly make the wound hurt much, much more and really doesn't do anything to help heal it. I also would never trim off what parts of the toenail are about to fall off (if any). That could result in you losing the entire toenail and also in a lot of pain. If it is going to fall off, it will do so on its own. But I think with the method I gave you, you can still heal your toenail. Good luck sweetie.I bent my toenail back...what now?
OOOWW. You need soak it in warm epsom salt sold in pharmacy first aid area. Trim what you can with out pain. Keep padded well. Antibotic daily. Old will die and fall off or the new will just grow back in. If a lot pain or red streak up foot get to doctor soon as could be blood poison.
I recommend you to go to the Doctor.


First put antibiotic and if they're is a blue discoloration go to the hospital right away.


You might have tetanus.


But that is only if you were not up to date with tetanus.





*Hope this helped!*





-Marissa.C %26lt;33
get somebody to bend the rest back, so they all look alike.

1 条评论:

TaurenChieftain 说...

"I would definitely not recommend soaking your toe in epsom salts. The salt can certainly make the wound hurt much, much more and really doesn't do anything to help heal it"
- i agree to this.. don't soak it on a salt it might gets worst.. It's better if you'd apply Tea Tree Oil..

I'll share this info to all of you guys..
check it out:
yellowing of the toenails

发表评论