2010年8月24日星期二

Ingrown toenail pain?

I've got an ingrown toenail and I'm getting it cut out on Tuesday. How much pain will I expect to go through and for how long?Ingrown toenail pain?
Depends on your pain tolerance...My son has a brittle bone disease, Osteogenesis Imperfecta and even the fractures he's had that required surgery-he never cried. He's has several ingrown toenails...Make sure they are NOT just cutting it out, but permanently resolving the problem or it will keep happening. The first couple my son had, the Dr. didn't do them right and he had to go through it again. it won't require pain killers other than over the counter though. You will be in some discomfort, but not too bad. The worse part would be the numbing shots. If you have any pain medicine, you might want to take it prior to going. Good Luck!!!!!!!Ingrown toenail pain?
I had part of a toenail cut out and the nail bed killed a few months ago, and the procedure itself was painless, I was joking with the doctor the whole time, though I was so scared about it hurting I almost broke the arms off of his chair. But again, no pain.





After, it hurt some, mostly a throbbing pain that was easily treated with Advil. I had some issues with things touching it without a bandaid on it though...





Be very sure to follow the docs instructions about cleaning it after. Because if he does it, it hurts worse than anything. I didnt clean mine good enough, and him cleaning it hurt me worse than any other part of the whole ordeal.
It depends on how the doctor in question does it. When I had mine out, he used a topical, which didn't hurt but it was REALLY COLD. After that he gave me an injection of anesthetic.





There was almost no pain after that. My toe itself might been in some, as it twitched a lot during the procedure. And if you do feel any pain you can always ask them to use more anesthetic.





Be really careful afterward though, because your toe will still be numb for a while. (Mine was for almost 2 week after) While it's numb, it can be very easy to injure your toe without realizing it.
Hi Pat,


I know that hurts while you have the Ingrown toenail,the doctor will give you a numbing shot before he starts. I won't lie to you it will be very sore and will take awhile to heal.I would put a band-aid over your toe so you can wear your shoes. The doctor can tell you how long it will take to heal. Just bare and take it My Friend.


Your Friend,


poppy1
I had one removed %26amp; the pain of them pulling it out is not as bad as when they give you shots in your toe!! It was the worst pain next to child birth that I have ever felt. Probably because our toes don't have much skin or fat, so basically they give you shots right into your bones. Afterward it didn't hurt too much, but try to stay off your feet for atleast a day or two after. Good luck!~~
A good deal at first but that's just when your getting the anesthetic shots


after that you can't feel anything
It shouldn't be to bad. If they give you pain killers. Your be walking a bit strange for about 2 week then you'll be fine.

没有评论:

发表评论