2010年8月5日星期四

Infected toe/toenail while pregnant?

Hi, I'm about 6 weeks pregnant, and I have an infected toenail :(. I had this problem before with this same toe, but after my doctor put me on a round of antibiotics for strep throat, it cleared right up. Now it's back, and getting worse. There is no way I can remove the nail myself, as when it healed up the first time, the jagged piece of nail healed inside the skin. I'm guessing it re-punctured the skin and restarted the infection when I accidently stubbed it really hard last week. I'm reaaaallllyy nervous/embarassed to go to my doctor about this, but now that I'm pregnant, I have to think of the baby and can't be stubborn anymore. So I guess my question is: Is there anything I can do to help/stop the infection from home? Has anyone else been in this situation while pregnant? What did the doctor do? Thanks..Infected toe/toenail while pregnant?
I have...there are simple antibiotics you can take for infections. Soaking that old toe will give you relief and take the inflammation down. Use Epsom Salts two to three times a day in the warmest water you can stand....and good luck..';.been there, done that!';Infected toe/toenail while pregnant?
soak it once a day in mouth wash

没有评论:

发表评论