2010年8月21日星期六

Blood under my toenail?

about 3 hours ago a thread in my sock somehow got caught my big toenail and when i pulled my sock off, it it pulled on the nail too. it was very painful; the base of the nail began to bleed so i applied pressure to it until the bleeding minimized. i then applied antibiotic ointment onto it and put a bandage, but i now have a discolored nail with dull pain. will the nail fall off? and how i can prevent it from falling off or prevent infection?Blood under my toenail?
You probably either:





1) ran too much and put pressure between your toe and your shoe


2) kicked something really hard


3) your toe bumped or hit into something really hardBlood under my toenail?
soak your foot in warm water and mild soap 3x a day for next few days to keep clean. Apply anti-biotic and bandage. elevate when you can. You may not be able so save the nail.
You probably have a hematoma (blood) under your toenail...most of the time a good MD can use a very small drill and remove it quickly without any pain...(I'v had it done to me)...You did the right times, cleaning, pressure and antibiotic/dressing. The nail may fall off...however a doc will just have you watch the progress of your nail over several days to weeks...this is a slow process. Infection...no you did the right thing. When I did this also...I cut a tomato in 1/2 and placed it on my foot while relaxing and it saved my toe nail and relieved the pain. The Lycopiene in the tomato does work! sounds weird! OH well...I've heard worse! Good luck :O)
go to the dr. my sis had that her nail fell off nenver grew back.

没有评论:

发表评论