2010年8月24日星期二

Can someone be more likely, or prone to, ingrown toenails more than others?

My 14 yr old daughter seems to have ingrown toe- and occasionally fingernails often. Not too much, maybe once a month this happens.


She has good hygene habits, so i dunno why this happens.


Can someone be more prone to them than others?


Cheers xCan someone be more likely, or prone to, ingrown toenails more than others?
Ok i had an ingrown toenail on the same big toe for like 3 years it sucks and very painful the best thing for your daughter to get is surgery on it make sure you get it from a foot doctor. It doesnt really matter on hygiene even though that helps. Ingrown toenails happen when someone stubs thir foot wears tight shoes and if they dont clip their nails straight then that causes a biger problem. The hand ingrown nail can be from maybe hitting it maybe she bites it tofar dow that is if she bites them but actually have never heard of someone having it on thir fingers but my guess is she stubbed it somewhere or clips them wrong. I hope that Helps!!!!!!!!!!


The best thing you can do for yur daughter is take her to a foot doctor that is the best thing my mom ever did and i havent had it since. Also if she starts to have one put a thin piece of cotton under the edge of the nail so the nail will grow oer it. thwe cotton mostly blocks the nail from going into the skin . Hope that helps. If your daughter doesnt wnat to go to the doctor take her anyways i felt the same way and i am so happy that my mom took em. If you wnat to know about the procedure the first thing they will do is numb the toe or finger and they will then just cut the nail out of the skin. and thats all Its very quick and only takes like 15 minutes. Shot hurts a little bit but not as bad as the naingrown toenail. Also about the hygeine if her feet sweat alot get foot powder because when it sweats it will get into her nail area and eventually will get infected.Can someone be more likely, or prone to, ingrown toenails more than others?
I think some people might be more prone to it than others, I believe there might be a genetic component - some tendency towards having them. It seems to run in one side of my family, various family members in different generations had it and my cousin even had a toenail removed! I get them too. You could see a podiatrist or doctor if it's really bad. I've given up on that and just put up with it, or deal with it myself. I think as mentioned, the way you trim your nails can have an impact, although I tried all sorts and it didn't help.
It's often down to the way a person trims their nails. You should really trim them flat across, not rounded or too close to the nail bed.

没有评论:

发表评论