2010年8月5日星期四

An ingrown toenail?

I think I have an infected toenail. My big toe is red and extemely sensitive to the touch its also has a little bit of puss in it. Anyways my dad called the podiatrist and scheduled the earliest appointment which isn't for another two days! Does anyone know what I can do for the pain


( its like a 8 on a scale from 1-10).. I'm not putting pressure on it and have been using neosporin and band aids so it wont get more infected. Anything else I can do?An ingrown toenail?
Keep doing what you're doing, it's perfect. You may also want to take some anti-inflammatory (eg: Ibuprofen) and ice the area of infection to calm the swelling, which in turn will alleviate the pain a little.


Also, try to rest your feet by putting your feet up when you're not walking. This uses gravity to drain the fluids away from your foot and causes it to swell less.

没有评论:

发表评论